List of devices with FEATURE_AUDIO_LOW_LATENCY and FEATURE_AUDIO_PRO
Felix Homann
2018-10-23 10:31:48 UTC

I would have thought that a 2018 mid-range device like the Nokia 7 plus
would at least have FEATURE_AUDIO_LOW_LATENCY. It hasn't.

So which devices have FEATURE_AUDIO_LOW_LATENCY and FEATURE_AUDIO_PRO? Is
there a reasonable number of such devices out there? How can I find out
before buying a new device? Is there a comprehensive list of those devices?

Actually, I do think that at least FEATURE_AUDIO_LOW_LATENCY should be
mandatory nowadays. What it does guarantee woldn't be called low latency
outside the Android world anyway ;-)

Regards,
Felix
Philippe Simons
2018-10-23 11:09:25 UTC
I'm not sure the Nokia 7 plus actually declare the
FEATURE_AUDIO_LOW_LATENCY, but it does have a very low latency

Hi,
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-ndk/82680f12-55a1-48d2-abe8-6f3d03cdfcd0%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-ndk/82680f12-55a1-48d2-abe8-6f3d03cdfcd0%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.
Glenn Kasten
2018-10-24 22:38:31 UTC
Post by Felix Homann
So which devices have FEATURE_AUDIO_LOW_LATENCY and FEATURE_AUDIO_PRO?
Most recent Google Pixel and Nexus family devices do. Beyond that I can't
say.
Post by Felix Homann
Is there a reasonable number of such devices out there?
No.
Post by Felix Homann
How can I find out before buying a new device?
There is no reliable way.
Post by Felix Homann
I'm not sure the Nokia 7 plus actually declare the
FEATURE_AUDIO_LOW_LATENCY, but it does have a very low latency
On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 10:31 AM Felix Homann <
Hi,