API version for AMediaCodec_setAsyncNotifyCallback
j***@gmail.com
2018-09-15 16:12:14 UTC
The NdkMediaCodec.h header file requires API level 28 for the declaration
of AMediaCodec_setAsyncNotifyCallback.

The java documentation for the equivalent function setCallback of class
android.media.MediaCodec is specified at API level 21.

I'm puzzled why there is such a big discrepancy in the API level for these
equivalent functionalities. Is this a mistake in the header, or was there a
long delay in implementing the async system in the ndk version?
Alex Cohn
2018-10-04 08:07:17 UTC
The relevant commit
<https://android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/av/+/00cc9920de386f711d0962ac7e3209af2b0d90d9%5E%21/media/ndk/NdkMediaCodec.cpp>is
dated Nov 23, 2017. Note that you can work around this problem, as VLC has
been doing: https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/20342.

BR
Alex